Friday, August 1, 2008

UPDATES on Annie & Emma

My brain is not functioning today.  Between Annie's evaluation, Emma's party, new textbooks at work, a new schedule for my freshman, new team teaching, and, who knows what else, I forgot some things in the last post.

Dr. Lisa wants the swallow study suggested by the First Steps evaluators.  They basically add barium to something that the child eats - I'm assuming to her formula - while a radiologist and a speech pathologist watch.  It's scheduled for August 19 @ 8:00am - the second day of school.  Hopefully it won't be too traumatic for any of us.  Later today we have to go out and find some new bottles to try.  The evaluators feel that the Avent nipples are too stiff.

Emma is doing great without her binkies but she does struggle at nap and sleep time.  She sobs and cries and says, "I want my binkies back."  It really is pretty pathetic because her chin quivers and her voice shakes.  

2 comments:

the d10 family said...

Glad to hear that you guys are getting some help with Annie. Reese was very picky with bottles and we LOVED the Born Free brand. No crazy parts to wash etc and the nipples worked really well for her. Kinda pricey...but worth it if they work. They have great deals direct from their website. Cant wait to see you guys!!!!!

the d10 family said...

Oh...and I assume you got a new camera:)