Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Sick House

Last weekend was supposed to be our couples retreat. Long story short, we ended up coming home Saturday afternoon - not because Mommy couldn't be away from the kids but because Mommy was too sick. I thought it was asthma that had been triggered by my allergies. I saw the allergist on Monday, got a steroid shot (after 14 pills between Saturday and Sunday nights), started an antibiotic and was on my way . . . until I picked up Annie from the sitter's Monday afternoon. She had developed the poopdies. I was feeling better but had lost my voice. By Wednesday, Annie's bottom looked like she slid into home plate with no diaper on. Her ped. told us not to worry and to put some Neosporin on it. Thursday when I picked up the girls, Annie still had the poopdies and Emma had been complaining all day that she didn't feel good. By Thursday night, Annie's bottom was day-glo red with raw patches. Emma's temp was 102.4. We spent Friday on the living room floor, watching toons and snuggling. By Saturday night, Emma, Annie, and I all took a trip to Redi-Med. Two cases of pink eye and one case of a yeast infection. The doc said Annie's poopdies were from teething but we disagree. I'm not so sure teething causes the foul funk she's been creating for the last week. I'm going to try to get Annie in tomorrow morning, especially since she's getting nose crusties now. In short, it's been a sick, SICK week. I suggest staying away from our house or at the very least, bringing a can of Lysol.


Annie airing out her bottom
Emma "helping" Daddy with the swing set
Even when they're sick they're adorable.
I can always tell she's sick because of the bags under her eyes
Emma insisted on snuggling with Annie.  Daddy insisted the was the only time either of them would lay out naked.





No comments: