Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More Updates

Emma and Annie having a snack (Annie's working on signing "all gone".)
Annie is cruising now . . .
. . . and she LOVES it.
Annie in her jumper
I gave Emma a toybox with all my Cabbage Patch Kids and the clothes my grandma made for them.  She is in heaven!  


I couldn't get all the pictures to upload last night and I felt really bad so I'm finishing my post today.  Annie has made some wonderful strides in the last few weeks.  Over break she learned to sit up, crawl, cruise, and is now trying to walk.  She's also saying, "Ma-ma," "ba-ba," and trying to say "Em-ma".  Annie is also drinking from a straw and from a cup.  I am just astonished at the progress she's made with just some prompting.  We are teaching Annie to sign but she's trying to say the words.  It's really funny.  It's like watching The Miracle Worker when Annie tries to say new words.  Annie is quite expressive and has been a few times at the sitter.  Yesterday the sitter said the other kids were sitting at the table, covering their ears.  It's just very happy, very LOUD, yelling.

Emma is a TOTAL girl!  I gave her my old Barbies and baby dolls and she is absolutely in heaven.  She can spend hours dressing and un-dressing them.  We did learn that new Barbies and older Barbies cannot wear the same clothes.  Apparently, Barbie got a little more junk in her trunk and a little less boobage since I was a kid.  I have to admit that I do love playing with her.  Emma has also become quite a composer.  She's constantly singing when she's playing or in the tub.  It is precious.  Emma is testing her independence - and us.  She's been copping an attitude lately.  She's also be outright defying us at times too.  I told her the other night not to get sassy with me and my mom lost it.  She will learn . . . eventually . . . when she's 23, maybe.  All-in-all, Emma is a sweet little girl.  

On the upside, I am finally recovering from my kidney infection.  Because I had such high dose steroids for so long, my immune system is fried.  The worst part has been the pain in my back. I got a new prescription yesterday and I feel so much better today than I have been.  

2 comments:

the d10 family said...

annie is changing so much...she looks like a completely different baby!!! Getting so big. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

My sweet girls!!! How I love them!!!