Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Annie's First Haircut

I am ashamed to admit that I let my daughter grow a mullet. I know there are parts of the country where they have never gone out of style (were they ever really in style?) but, no. Tonight after baths, I admitted that Annie needed a haircut. Since she was sitting quietly on the floor and her hair was clean and wet, I figured there was no better time than the present. She played with a bottle of hair cream the entire time and did beautifully. For a kid who I call "The Flash," she sat remarkably still. Emma watched in anticipation as much as in fear. Annie really couldn't have cared less. She was too preoccupied with unscrewing the lid from the hair cream bottle. Emma and I styled her hair with cream and mouse after the cut and tried to blow is straight. Let's just say straight hair is not in Annie's immediate future. I better begin apologizing now for passing on the curly hair genes. Anyway, Emma and I are quite pleased with our work. I have, of course, saved her curly, (reddish) golden locks.


Annie's hair, post-mullet


Proud big sister, Emma, and Annie.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: