Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We have so many reasons to be thankful.  Annie is making wonderful progress over the last two weeks.  She is trying to make raspberries, saying "Geee," and "Mmmmmmmm," and trying to imitate some large motor movements.  She's also into banging her toys on anything she can and yelling . . . quite loudly.  I'm so ecstatic that she's progressing so quickly.  She's trying to sit but that only lasts for a couple of seconds.  Because she's crawling, the sibling rivalry is really kicking in.  Emma yells at Annie the same way she yells at the cats, "ANNE MARY, NO!".  We're working on that.  

Emma is doing well also.  We've been going through a manipulative phase but we've got a hold on that.  Daddy was beyond being wrapped around her little finger.  I know she's three and she's going to push as far as she can but she was heading into brat-land.  She'll tell us, "I going to go to sleep and not going to cry or fuss".  It sounds like I'm an angry parent in telling this story but it really bothers me that Emma was using Kurt to get what she wanted.  She knew Kurt felt bad about being at work in the evening and became very adept at knowing which buttons to push and how.  I'm just not going to have that kind of behavior.  I don't want Emma thinking that she can cry or whine to get what she wants, or that no is a negotiation.  

Miss Annie is getting herself caught up so I'm going to run.   

No comments: