Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Binkie Fairy Visits . . .


With Emma's third birthday approaching, we decided it was time (past time) for the Binkie Fairy to pay Emma a visit. I had been talking to her for about a month about who this fairy is and what she does and Emma seemed ok with it all. She so eagerly put her binkies in the envelope she found yesterday morning. I sat on the couch and sobbed. I was so proud of her. Nap time wasn't too bad. She threw a little fit and then cried. She really needed a lot of reassurance. When she woke up from her nap, we told her that the Binkie Fairy had been to our house. We left a trail of confetti (aka Fairy Dust) to a gift bag full of BIG GIRL goodies. She was so excited. Bedtime was more of the same but by 11 we decided she could "rest" in the big bed until she fell asleep. It seemed to work and she was out like a light.




Here's a video of Annie from Sunday morning. She's such a happy baby.

No comments: