Tuesday, July 15, 2008

G'Day from the Zoo

Emma and Annie and I went with some friends from the mom's group (Michelle & Lyndsey & Wyatt & his mommy) to the zoo.  Seeing as how it was 89 degrees before noon, we picked the WRONG day to go to the zoo.  Michelle was soaking Lyndsey's sunhat with ice water because she was getting heat rash.  We had a great time even though it was blistering.  Here's some video of Emma playing in one of the fountains.  This one is in the Australian exhibit.  Emma was drenched and it was so hot that I let her stay in her wet clothes.  

Here are some otter pictures.  For as long as we've had a zoo membership, we've never seen the otters.  I was beginning to think it was a scam exhibit but here they are.  They were posing for pictures.  
Emma's favorite exhibit is the sea lions but did I get any pictures of that?  No.  I was driving the bus of a stroller and got too busy.  One sea lion came up to the glass and stood in front of Emma and barked and waved at her.  She was in heaven.  

The nice part of having a membership is not feeling like you have to cover the entire zoo in one day.  The bad part is that it was so hot that we left after a couple of hours and didn't ride the horses, the train,  or the carousel.  It's always such a great feeling to leave the zoo and walk through the parking lot with a toddler screaming at the top of her lungs, "I WANT MY DADDY!!!!".  But, there's always tomorrow.


Emma in front of a toucan with an "ornange" beak.

No comments: